Did I ever mention that it’s very inconvenient living 40 min away from the airport? It is. It greatly limits the amount of time I can spend taking care of the plane.
I’ve made a total of 4 flights. Mostly just getting a feel how it handles (very well), but I’m still too distracted to do the formal fight maneuvers called out by Van’s. Don’t worry, i’ll get it done, just not immediately. I had planned on doing the ‘timed climb to 10,000 ft’ but got distracted trying to get flight following and I was blowing through 4500’ before I realized it. I abandoned the “timed climb” and just enjoyed making it up to 10,000’ in about 8 mins, still briskly climbing at better that 550 fpm.
The squawk list (so far) is pretty short:
- pilot’s stick is too far left
- autopilot servos not recognized by Skyview
- winds aloft calculations very inaccurate
- pitot system leaks (probably affects winds aloft)
- weeping from front of fuel tank when > 15 gal
I still have some things to do (not squawks)
- install Angle of Attack probe
- install wheel pants
- install weather stripping
and some things I might do
- glare shield
- stabilator tips
and one thing that needs to be done
- get plane painted in August or September
talk to you soon.