Saturday, April 4, 2015

37-09 Fuel Tank install

Continuing the thread of logic...  In order to start the engine, I need gas.  In order to get gas, I have to install the tank.  The tank can’t go in until the floor plates and back bulkhead are attached.  Unfortunately, I’ll have to take out the tank and the bulkhead when I attach the tail cone, but there’s no way to avoid that.  (Until after I get signed off, then I’ll do the bulkhead modification that will let me remove it in pieces—one piece stays in place unless the tank is removed, but the majority can be removed independently.

Since I purchased the tank pre-assembled, I didn’t have to go through the entire construction process (with all of the Pro-Seal to deal with.)  I didn’t really find a page that said “install tank”, but 37-09 seemed to have the closest instruction. 

Oh, yes.  In order to get the tank in, you have to remove the ELT, too.

Oh, and one more thing.  There’s a nut plate on the vertical rib behind the tank.  It was put on wrong side so it got drilled out and repositioned.  I’m getting better.  It didn’t take more than 10 min and I didn’t even say any bad words! ;0)

IMG 4155

installed Fuel Tank, et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment