Saturday, May 23, 2015

partial sync

The photo shows a motorcycle carb sync gauge looped into the cockpit.  I spent several hours with multiple sized hoses and clamps jury-rigging the plumbing to get from the compensator tube and Left carb.  When I finally got it out and started the next day, I had clamped down so tight at two places that the gauges were totally isolated from the vacuum.  Frustrating but funny, in a geeky sort of way.

I got the engine started again, and did a partial sync of the carbs.  I know that it’s within my capabilities, but I’m not at all confident of how to synchronize them from both idle and moderate / high power.  I can hear the transmission knocking at low power and that’s not good, so I’m going to defer final synchronizing to Shane when I move out to KDLZ.

 

IMG 4320

Carb Vacuum Gauges in place

No comments:

Post a Comment