Saturday, August 15, 2026

§29-11 L, Nose Ribs to fuel tank

 Recall from a recent post that the Wiki community mentioned that getting the 6th rib attached requires two people because of the skins that are already attached to the tank making it impossible to hold the bucking bar and the rivet gun at the same time.  Steve B is a fellow RV builder and also an A&P.  In fact, he is the lender of the rivet gun I'm using to do this build.   He came over yesterday and used the gun while I assumed a very awkward position and held the W bucking bar.  Steve also noted that the FAA likes to see pictures of the builder and not just of the work done, so he offered to snap this:

Getting my head into the game!


Here's the photo of the rivets in question.  Even with the highlight, they're hard to see.  Imagine how hard it was to hold the bucking bar.   While I was in position, I had Steve hand me the go/no-go gauge and I discovered the top rivet needed a few more hits to meet spec and all the others were good.  I was really pleased! 

AN470AD4-12 shop heads

This completes page 29-11.






No comments:

Post a Comment