Tuesday, February 17, 2015

12-03 & 12-04, install V-stab fairing

There’s the final step of the vertical stabilizer assembly:  the fairing was nearly perfect when I put it up there and only required 2 or 3 passes with 80 grit paper to get a nice final fit around the front of the rudder fairing.  I slid a folded piece of paper between the two fairings to verify no-contact at the extremes of rudder travel.  To my surprise there was no binding, and no gap either. :-)

 

IMG 4041

Faired & Installed  V-stab & Rudder 

By the way, in case you’re wondering, “yes” my garage ceiling has mange.  As near as I can tell, the surface was’t prepped properly when the treatment was applied.  Chunks of thin white plaster randomly rain down on whatever is stored in the garage for any length of time.  Another reason for putting sheets over the plane!

IMG 4044

Draped Sculptures of Airplane

No comments:

Post a Comment