Saturday, August 15, 2026

§22-08 thru -11 Inboard Aileron Bracket Assy Right

 Somewhere along the way, I lost a W-15015A-001 and couldn't finish the remaining aileron bracket.  The part was reordered and arrived last week.  It was pretty straightforward to press the bearing into the bracket and then rivet together the rest of the pieces.   The finished subassembly went back onto the shelf to await its installation on the right wing.

I also received a bearing that I had ruined and was planning on finishing the push rod that was affected, but doing so requires access to the front of a spar for measurement.   Steve & I put the R spar up in storage in a place that isn't convenient or safe for a single person to remove it, and the L spar now has nose ribs attached.  No big deal (except for my OCD).   It's a 5 min job and I can do it when I get access to the spar again.

Cool Picture

This is a pretty cool picture.  I just like the effect of staring down the perfectly aligned holes in the ribs after they are attached to their spar.  Check out December 5, 2013 for a similar shot of the RV-12 wing being built.


No comments:

Post a Comment