Van's shipped my empennage kit (vertical & horizontal stabilizers, rudder & elevator) on the 5th. It arrived in Columbus last Monday and I made an appointment for its delivery on Weds 12th. When it showed up the driver spent about 10 min in the back of his panel truck, then came over to tell me he couldn't deliver it because it needed a fork lift and he didn't have one. That's exactly what happened on May 9th when the first crates of the wing arrived! That day, I enlisted my neighbor & his friend and the 4 of us manhandled the crates to the ground. This time, I stood my ground and insisted that they re-deliver it. Then I looked at the crate:
You'll notice something odd about this arrangement. See the arrow? Typically, that means "this side up", but the crate is on its side, not right side up.
Yesterday, they arrived with a flat bed and attached parasite forklift.
No comments:
Post a Comment