Monday, December 8, 2014

35-07 #7 Brake Fluid

Well, I spent more time looking for the parts than I did actually using them.  For some reason, automotive brake lines are filled using a vacuum to pull fluid through the system, while The Book specifically states to force fluid from the calipers up into the brake reservoir.  It took a bit of searching to find the basic tools seen below.  Once I got the hang of it, it was pretty straightforward.

The only bummer is that there’s a leak at the brake line-to-caliper fitting on the left side, so I’ll have to drain that side and remove/replace the AN823-4D.  C’est la vie.  

IMG 3793

Brake Fluid filling kit

Addendum 12/18/14

 

There was a leak at the L fitting between the brake assembly and the Al line down the leg.  I finally got around to removing and re-installing the fitting.  I’m slightly concerned about the brake fluid that leaked onto the brake pads, so those will be very carefully watched when I get around to taxi tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment