This page took a couple of days, but it was fun because I was working in a new domain. Steps 1 & 2 were straight forward: drill 3/8” into the firewall and engine mounts and attach the engine standoff. On the other hand, drilling though stainless steel and then steel was not easy. Rather make the jump from 1/4” to 3/8” in one pass, I staged up the drilling in 3 steps.
Engine Mount Standoff
With the engine standoff taken care of, I turned my attention to the tires & wheels. Never worked on these before. Learned quite a bit! Specifically, I learned that it’s really easy to get the “front” and “back” confused. I admit to reassembling and disassembling the 1st wheel several times. I actually re-assembled it a bit farther than I was supposed to. i’ll have to take the brake off again when I put it on the plane. On the other hand, I had watched Walt Erdy, my mechanic for the Cardinal, change a tire so I had previously seen how to use the talc powder, etc. I was pretty pleased with my progress of assembling the front and both main wheels.
Main Wheel, outside face
Main Wheel, inside face, with brake
Inboard Main Gear Attach Braces