Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Hanger C-1 at Delaware Muni Airport (KDLZ)

I spent 4 or 5 hours sanding the fairing, and have nothing to show for it as far as progress in The Book.  On the other hand, I’ve been renting hanger C-1 since July 1st, but today was the first day that I actually spent any time out there.  I took Nick shooting and we ‘detoured’ by the hanger as his way of earning the rental of an AR-15 (he likes the high powered rifles.)

We swept years of dust & junk and spider webs.  I picked up some ‘cheap’ shop lights ($200!) to hang because I know I’m going to do lots more work on 012 while she’s living here.  Spent about 30 min on a 16’ ladder hanging the lights.  Power is hard to come by—just a single outlet at the far inside corner.  I briefly though about tapping into the light bulb but that’s too high even for the ladder to reach, so I’ll just use the extension cords.

Note also the ‘scare owl’ hanging just to the left of the vertical support.  There was a lot of bird poop around that area so I got the owl to keep the nesting down to a minimum.  

 

IMG 4562Hanger C-1, awaiting occupancy

No comments:

Post a Comment