Wednesday, October 7, 2026

§22R, § 24R& §26R !

 Wow!  Today was a very productive day.  It didn't start out that way.   My work/sleep schedule is truly chaotic.   I didn't feel much more tired than usual when we went to bed last night but I slept 12 solid hours and had no bouts of tossing & turning.  I woke up around 1pm, but puttered around the house and didn't even get dressed until almost 5pm.  (I might have been a touch hung over, but we won't talk about that, will we?)

In my last post, I was undecided about how to proceed.  I decided to build up the skeleton of the right wing in parallel and will then proceed with applying skins to both wings.  This way I have the open, accessible L wing to use as a reference for the R since there aren't any drawings of the R wing.  I had already purchased two portable work stands from Home Depot and Lada helped me move the L wing skeleton to those to get it out of the way and make room for the work on the R wing.

Despite not getting started until 5pm, I managed to finish 3 chapters for the Right wing!   Much of that speed was due to having already built up the mixer boxes and aileron brackets for the right wing a couple of months ago.  Today, I attached all of the main ribs to the rear spar, attached the outboard mixer box to the rear spar, and fastened the rear spar to the fuel tank.   In detail, I completed the following pages: §22-04, -05, -06,  -12, -13, -14, -15, -17, -22, -23, -24, -25, §24-05, -06, -07, -08, -09, §26-05 & -06.

Foreground: Right wing rear spar assy
Background Left wing assy

Right wing rear spar assy


I have tomorrow & the next day off.  I expect that I will be able to install the inboard mixer, finish the pushrod and install it, and then attach the main spar & D-cell nose ribs.   That will bring me to par with progress on the Left wing.  I'm waiting for parts from Van's to finish the D-cell Nose Ribs, so I might end up in a work-stoppage until those parts arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment