I got a lot accomplished in the last week, but one thing I didn't have time to do was document it. I typically have slow times between patients at night, but not recently. Sorry for the delay. I'll publish several updates in a row so i don't overwhelm you with a really long post.
Attaching the rear spar to the tank assembly wasn't too bad. It was literally a one pager that consisted of bucking 33 rivets. The only challenging part was ensuring that I only riveted the holes called out in the KAI, as many holes were left open for the next chapter.
I'm starting to get a feel for when a bucked rivet will look good or look like a mess. I think the key technique is to maintain pretty firm pressure with the rivet gun, but not much pressure on the bucking bar. Time will tell.
Again, no picture as it really doesn't look any different.
No comments:
Post a Comment