Saturday, August 30, 2014

31B-26 Roll Bar Wiring

This page was just revised before I completed it to include the wire that goes to the new canopy latched switch.  It’s a touch confusing because I have some instructions that assume the new harness (includes the wire) and others that assume I’m doing the retrofit.   The key step in this page was to fish 3 wires through the roll bar and out a #12 hole near the top.  To give you an idea of what this was like, the retrofit instructions describe it thusly: “using a safety wire, fish the 3 wires through the roll bar and out of the #12 hole.  Stop when the wire tips are protruding.  If this technique doesn’t work, imbibe the mellowing agent of your choice and try again with a stiff fishing line.”   I didn’t find it fun, but it wasn’t that frustrating for me (no mellowing agent required.)

IMG 3592

Wire bundle exiting roll bar

No comments:

Post a Comment