The photo shows a motorcycle carb sync gauge looped into the cockpit. I spent several hours with multiple sized hoses and clamps jury-rigging the plumbing to get from the compensator tube and Left carb. When I finally got it out and started the next day, I had clamped down so tight at two places that the gauges were totally isolated from the vacuum. Frustrating but funny, in a geeky sort of way.
I got the engine started again, and did a partial sync of the carbs. I know that it’s within my capabilities, but I’m not at all confident of how to synchronize them from both idle and moderate / high power. I can hear the transmission knocking at low power and that’s not good, so I’m going to defer final synchronizing to Shane when I move out to KDLZ.
Carb Vacuum Gauges in place