Pretty straightforward work today, which was good because I was pretty tired after working a 15 hour shift then only getting 4 hrs of sleep. The hardest part was reattaching the h-stab by myself. It’s currently attached only with the AN4 bolts, as I know that it’s coming off in a few days and putting those washers in is going to be a real challenge.
The fairings were drilled #40, then enlarged to #27 using the modified drill bit. I didn’t feel comfortable using the modified bit to go through the aluminum. I put the modified bit in on drill and a regular one on my other drill. I could go through the fiberglass and then sequenced through with the other drill, then put in the larger cleco.
There is a tiny bit of rubbing of surface screws, so I filed a tiny amount off of the inside of the H-stab. That will need to be rechecked a few more times to get the 1/8” required clearance.