Saturday, August 3, 2013

09-08, skins on Horiz Stab

It was several days before my work schedule let me get back in the workshop.  I spent Thursday morning doing small tasks on my own until Nick and Nick (pictured below, left and right) were available to help.  We took the L HS skin out of the living room, deburred it and finally inserted the skeleton, clecoed and riveted it up.  It took the 3 of us about 2 hours.  Little Nick got bored and went back inside to play X-box; big Nick was reclaimed by Melena and they went on an afternoon date.

I continued to work by myself and finished up the chapter (see next posts for pictures).

It's going to be a looooong time before I get back out the shop.  I'm working 9 or 10 consecutive days, so I doubt that I'll have time to play until the 10th or 11th of the month.   :(    On the other hand, I only have the tailcone to complete and I'm not expecting the wing kit until ~ mid September.  It would be logical to *not* attach the tail feathers, but if I have nothing else to work on, I know that I'll succumb to temptation and will put them on anyway.  That will then clutter up the shop for a year…  Oh, well.  Cross that bridge when I get to it. 

 

IMG 2542

No comments:

Post a Comment