Monday, April 7, 2014

21-10, Control Column Assy, 1203 Bulkhead Prep

 

 

IMG 3042

Control Column Assembly

The control column assembly requires double flush rivets.  This picture shows 3 of the shop heads and one un-squeezed rivet.  Despite my best efforts, the shop heads are about 1/16th proud of the surface.  Two comments from VAF said that they should be left as is for now, but filed flat as needed if there’s interference at the stage where they are needed.

IMG 3047

Rear of F1203 bulkhead

View of the corner flange and R wing stub spar receptacle.

IMG 3044

Forward side of stub spar receptacle



-------------------

Addendum:  Note the beautiful rivets.  See how many there are?  That’s right, there are 22 of them.  How many are there supposed to be?  Two.   I didn’t read ahead enough to prevent me from assuming the word “typical” on the drawing that showed that I was only supposed to place 2 rivets on the mid line.  At the time of this posting, I’ve drilled out one side.  Ugly, ugly, ugly.  I’ll post a picture after I finish drilling out both sides and resume forward progress on the piece.  

No comments:

Post a Comment